Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bulgar Pilaf



Hot, delicious bulgar with mushrooms!

RECIPE

2 tablespoons butter (I used margarine...but as of 2011 I am anti-margarine for cooking & baking purposes)
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped green onion (I used white onions instead)
1 cup bulgar (uncooked)
2 cups water

1. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until brown.
2. Stir in bulgar and salt, and stir for about one minute.
3. Add water and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Cover and place in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Made this a few nights before 1/12/08 (I've been editing my old posts and wanted to republish this one), and it was yummmyy. Normally, I can taste the difference between margarine and butter, but I couldn't this time. I put it all in an uncovered pie dish and looked at it after 15 minutes. The bulgar was still a tiny bit hard at that point, so I left it in for about two more minutes, and then it was perfect!

No comments: