Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Green Tea Latte Slush w/ Boba @ Pearl Tea House - Fresno, CA


Pearl Tea House
2633 E. Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710

I know the color is off-setting, which I realized in my junior year high school math class when a classmate expressed his complete and utter disgust and bewilderment at this green drink with dark round fish egg-like blobs at the bottom. Don't worry. They're just tapioca balls made from cassava roots. They're just chewy (fun to eat!) and don't have too much flavor. I think they kind of taste like coffee a tiny bit.

* FYI: Boba = tapioca = pearl = bubble

I really can't tell you how much I LOVE this green tea latte slush (I've mentioned their pineapple slush with boba before too). It's my favorite green tea drink, and Pearl Tea House is my favorite boba place--period. My high school friends and I have been going there since high school. Their boba are always perfectly squishy/chewy without being too soft or to hard. I do have to say that one lady that works there isn't the warmest or the most polite, but the others seem nice and welcoming. You can also order this with less sugar, without boba, etc. The lower sugar one actually doesn't taste much different, which is great! I love how they use matcha powder so it tastes like real green tea...but it's never bitter or too sweet! Mmm!

Other green tea drinks:
Cha for Tea's Green Tea Ice Cream (in Irvine, CA. This was actually a slushy drink --- GOOOD! 2nd favorite green tea drink)
Tay Tah Cafe's Green Tea Slush with Boba (in Albany, CA)
Green Tea Slush w/o Boba (in Richmond, CA at a boba place in a shopping center called Pacific East Mall)
Beard Papa's Green Tea Slush (Okay...not the best)



No comments: