Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sno Shack - Clovis, CA

Sno Shack
Southwest corner of Clovis and Ashlan
Clovis, CA

Hmm... Good but nothing special and definitely not Lolo or Kogetsudo. You just cannot beat FINE FINELY shaved (shave) ice. If you've never had true Hawaiian-style shave ice, you are missing out. I'd say this shaved ice was between a hard nasty snow cone and Hawaiian shave ice. So...not horrible but not fantastic. I wouldn't complain about this place too much because some people love this type of ice, but I don't think I'd go back--especially since it's far from where I live. I'm glad I was able to try it though! Thanks to Andrea for mentioning it (her boyfriend loves it). I do love how it's in a tiny blue house.



Rock & Roll sample (kinda tart...like a Jolly Rancher, like Rex said)


The flavors are below. The ones I tried were okay. Passion Fruit, Cream Soda, Black Cherry, Piña Colada, & Rock & Roll. They weren't bad, and I'm glad there was a wide variety of flavors, but they put too much syrup in all of ours. We ended up with cups of sweeet syrup, which is not a good thing. I think my Black Cherry tasted more like regular cherry flavor, and I couldn't really taste the Piña Colada half of my shaved ice (not shave ice--this doesn't count).


They form it into a cone shape...but the problem with that is that it gets harder and...


...you end up with a big hole in the middle. It'd be cool if they filled that with ice cream! haha



1 comment:

check it out said...

this is a nice post, i am using this generator, got nice information on your post.